Thursday, June 24, 2010

Causa: Food from Peru




At the end of every term, in our adult ESOL school at Mt Albert Baptist School, we encourage our students to bring something of their home for a shared lunch.

My student Felicitas from Peru brought Causa. I asked her to explain to the other students. She made a potatoes mash filled with tuna and avocado. The potatoes were layered like a giant sandwich.

Ingredients:
1kg potatoes (yellow, if available)
½ cup vegetable oil
1 lemon juice
1 can of tuna-fish
½ onion, finely chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
1 avocado
parsley and chopped hard boiled eggs for decoration
Salt
This is a very beautiful and delicious dish to take to a pot luck aka bring a plate. It is economical, and you can have your own version of minced beef, lamb or chicken.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very interesting to share. It's always a pleasure to visit with you Ann.

SandyCarlson said...

That sounds really delicious. Thank for the recipe, Ann.

The JR said...

Very interesting.

I like the picture in the hat. Little ears?

Cassie said...

I LLLLove tuna (canned Albacore & also chunk white). Will have to try this when I feel adventurous!! Thanks for the recipe.

Unknown said...

I've not been to this blog before..and is that you? Looks like a great shot and I have no idea what's Causa but I am sure it tasted good :)