Friday, March 25, 2011

macro flower saturday: pink flowers




Macro Flower Saturday
http://blueberrycraftandhobbytime.blogspot.com/p/join-my-photo-challenge-flowers-on.html


Grown in a bush outside the winter gardens of Auckland Domain. Sorry I don't know the name. Do you know?
I found out:

Cistus purpureus description: This semi-hardy low growing shrub is suited to sunny dry borders. Deep purple blossoms are borne through out the summer, complimenting attractive dark green foliage and spreading habit. 1.m wide x 80cm.

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I don't know the name, wish I did. This is beautiful!!! I wish I could touch and smell it. It looks papery thin and so delicate!

The JR said...

Pretty flower, of course pink is one of my favorite.

Regina said...

How pretty and vibrant!

Sara Chapman in Seattle, USA said...

Not sure if this is the same one, but in Northern California a very similar plant grows called Rock Rose or Rose of Sharon. Beautiful!