Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ruby Red Tuesday/Rednesday: The Red Connection



http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com

http://www.suelovescherries.blogspot.com/

The Mt Albert Baptist Church has a vision for the community. Under the new intern, Albert Ng, a final student from Baptist College, supported by a group of interested church members, we are planning for an Asian Outreach.

Our first function kicks off with a Movie and Dinner Night on Good Friday evening. We are screening this, made in Singapore movie, "The Red Connection" which features TV artistes like Zhu How Ren and Lina Ng. It is a touching movie which depicts the sacrificial love of a brother for the other. It screens Malaysia and Singapore in the 60s, and the Chinese there.

Albert grew up in Cambodia, lived in Hong Kong, and studied his first degree in the University of Manhattan, in Canada. He has 3 beautiful daughters, and his wife comes from Taiwan. Indeed, he is an International person.

This invite leaflet was designed by Albert's daughter Rebecca. Ka Pai and Paki Paki Rebecca.

7 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This Asian outreach idea sounds really good.

lina@women's perspectives said...

Movie and dinner night? Wow, count me in :D

★Carol★ said...

It sounds like it will be a great night. Have fun!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I'm sure you can read every word of that poster. (I, on the other hand, can manage only the English!)


SILLY DITTY

“If scarlet be crimson,” he said,
“Then rubicund surely is red.
And then I suppose,
If I named a rose,
Its color would go to my head!”


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Runner in Red

SueLovesCherries said...

Hi Ann! I hope you have a good turnout and outreach that night!

You commented on my blog, "In my household, I don't need a cookie tin as big as your red one. The cookies get eaten before I get a chance to put them away."

The tin is not a big one, and the same thing happens in my house with cookies!

The JR said...

Hope it went well.

Dawn said...

Sounds wonderful - I hope you have enough food!