Friday, September 21, 2012

New Zealand Money Plant


Here is a short poem my students wrote about Autumn.

I woke up,
My money plant has turned to gold.
I gathered up a bag.
And took it to the jewellery shop.
The man opened the bag,
and laughed.
I looked .
There was a pile of dead leaves.

This is a succulent and in New Zealand, It is called the money plant. I have two plants in my old house. The above photo is at my current house. People put a plant on either side of the front door.

In Malaysia and in Singapore, the money plant is a different plant. It is a vine. Many hope that it is auspicious to make them rich.

I just like to grow plants. They make my eyes rich when I see them grow.



http://tinaspicstory.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/weekend-flowers-45.html
http://blueberrycraftandhobbytime.blogspot.com/p/join-my-photo-challenge-flowers-on.html




http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.co.nz/



5 comments:

joy said...

a very nice plant and it is interesting to read your tradition!

joanne said...

In my area, a money plant is a perennial whose green leaves turn into round paper-like beige 'coins'! interesting stuff,,,, and I loved your verse!!

snowwhite said...

This is the first time to see money plants. Interesting, they have coin-like leaves! In Japan, Manekineko, beckoning cat which is a cat-shaped ceramic ornament
is put to invite guests and money.
keiko

snowwhite said...

This is the first time to see money plants. Interesting, they have coin-like leaves! In Japan, Manekineko, beckoning cat which is a cat-shaped ceramic ornament
is put to invite guests and money.
keiko

vincibene said...

Very interesting and beautiful plant! We have one in the office, but only dark green and without blooms.