Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Empty Arms

The Flanders Poppy, how apt it is to represent a grieving mother. On Sunday, I saw this very recent bereaved mum in church. Half way through, I saw her walk out. She didn't return. I felt in my heart, how much it is similar to me. I went to the bathroom to look for her. She was at a corner. I asked if she was OK. She said yes, but her hug told me she wasn't. I told her, remember , "its Ok to cry." Empty arms. The hole in the heart, is bigger than a well. The hole never mends. Instead a stack is continually stabbing. Blood never cease to ooze. A puzzle piece is missing. Life is never the same again. Only a fellow mum who has lost her babe, Will understand your pain. She will not ask you to stop crying. For she wears the same pair of shoes. For she feels the pinching at the toes. Open your heart to her. Together you journey. Until you meet your angels again. A pair of shoes has been seen as symbolizing Van Gogh’s difficult passage through life. As I write, I think I become more creative. I write for my readers, and most of all, I write for myself. This is an excerpt of my poem chapter of my "Diary of a bereaved mother, Goodbye my baby" book. Blogger is having trouble again. This is support to be a poem. I am a Sands mum for 23 years, and I am a counsellor and advocate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.