Thursday, December 29, 2016

ABC Letter Z for zygomorphic flower

zygomorphic flower | plant anatomy | Britannica.com

https://www.britannica.com/science/zygomorphic-flower
...Differences in size or shape of the parts of a whorl make the flower irregular (as in the canna and Asiatic dayflower). 

When a flower can be divided by a single plane into two equal parts, it is zygomorphic, or bilaterally symmetrical, as in the snapdragon, orchid, and sweet pea.





My Dad's favourite flower. It gives me warm fuzzy feeling every time I see this flower. Dad used to grow this from little saplings from North Borneo. They didn't bloom as frequently as the hybrids grown these days. The beauty of this plant is the waiting is paid off. The blooms remain beautiful for three months on the plant.

These flowers are grown in the Winter gardens, green house at the Auckland Domain. I am told is a hybrid, not an original. I still love it.


https://abcwednesday-mrsnesbitt.blogspot.co.nz/

abcw19klein

1 comment:

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!