Sunday, March 11, 2018

Dawit Arshak

I was privileged to have Dawit Arshak in my living room last week telling me his story. Given the injustice done to him I can understand the intense anger he felt for the first half of his life. Life in Auckland is a thousand times safer, yet he makes some astute parallels with his home country Ethiopia: Neither we nor they, have complete freedom of speech. Steve Worsley

I was excited to meet Dawit, I had a student called Dawit from Ethiopia, and was wondering if he is the Dawit/my Dawit. I taught Dawit and his sister. Much to my delight, this Dawit was the mentor to my Dawit's family. If you look at the post I did on Ethiopian coffee and enjera. That's my Dawit.
Facebook.com/newzealandredcross

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

No comments: