Wednesday, July 25, 2012

International Day of Kindness.


Spider lily in NTU.

Tomorrow 27th July is International Day of Kindness, founded by Dr. Joanne Cacciatore,the MISS Foundation is a 501 (c) 3, volunteer based organization committed to providing crisis support and long term aid to families after the death of a child from any cause.

There is a group of beautiful women I befriended during the 16 years I lived as faculty wife at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. Together with many others who had left, we were touched and worked hard to raise funds for the Deaf children of Kenya. Some of these poor kids had died due to AIDS. We also raised funds to separate a pair of Siamese twins. Sadly Ganga died. I have blogged this and written in my book.

Today, I give a face to these ladies. They gave me a roaring time by taking me to Penang Place when I revisited NTU. It's great to know that though I have been away for 6 years, they still love me as though I had never been away.







http://tinaspicstory.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/weekend-flowers-45.html
http://blueberrycraftandhobbytime.blogspot.com/p/join-my-photo-challenge-flowers-on.html




http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.co.nz/

6 comments:

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Lovely post, Ann. Happy Day of Kindness - we certainly need more of it in the world.

Thank you for participating in Floral Friday Fotos!

Jama said...

We need more of the Happy day of Kindness here!

Joyful said...

It's lovely that you have such good friends. I like your flower. I've never seen one like it.

Linda said...

I love that flower! And you have such an inspiring post today! Blessings to you!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Such a lovely and poignant post Ann...thank you for sharing. Even though I missed the International Day of Kindness, any day at all is of course a good day to practice it! Thank you.

Unknown said...

Perfect gift to be present on day of kindness.....I think all overseas Pakistanis contact online florist to
Send flowers Pakistan.....