Thursday, December 13, 2012

Frangipani: Joy and then misery, how do we add up the equation?






In South East Asia, this is known as the grave yard flower, and plants are seen in Muslim cemetaries. When I was living in Singapore, in Nanyang University, at the entrance to some apartment blocks, the authorities had planted two Frangipanis on either side of the entrance. There was some talk about this. Why of all flowers did they grow the Frangipani.
r.


Today, my cousin told me this,"Sad day indeed when I received news that my childhood Malay friend and neighbour lost her only son in an accident last night ( he's only @20) and tomorrow is her daughter's wedding day. The tents for the wedding are all up and my parents' car porch is to be used as well. My parents, siblings and I are devastated. I'm so sorry, my friend, that I was not around for your son's funeral this evening, to share your sorrow n give you a hug. Our prayers are with you and your family." I understand the heartache Catherine's friend is undergoing through. Some 20 years ago, another 20 year old son of my friend died. She hugged me and said," You alone understand how painful it it. I hugged her tightly, there was no need for words. I had moved on with my grief, I was able to help her deal with hers. http://wildflowers.colormagicphotography.com/
Macro Flower Saturday
Macro Flower Saturday Macro Flower Saturday ">
http://blueberrycraftandhobbytime.blogspot.com/p/join-my-photo-challenge-flowers-on.html

http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Jama said...

Condolences to your friend! My aunt just lost her younger son aged 28 about 2months ago and she's still in grief. We all tried to help her, at least she got religion to turn to.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Modern Mom said...

This is so sad.

Summer Pink Daisy


Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I'm so sorry for your friend. How sad. It is good of you to help out your friends,